PRACTICAL – ECONOMICAL – VERSATILE
Gravel is PRACTICAL:
- Compared with other surface materials, gravel and stone are easy to install. There’s nothing to mix or cure – no measuring, cutting or fitting. Therefore, once you’ve prepared the area, you simply spread the material, grade it, give it time to settle … and you’re done – with amazing results.
- Gravel and stone landscaping projects are remarkably simple to maintain. With correct grading, most surfaces made from gravel won’t wash out and are easy to freshen up with additional material.
- Gravel and stone landscaping is durable. It can last a lifetime if properly installed and maintained. Since rocks are heavy, they stay put during harsh storms. Being porous, they let water flow through easily. This durability ultimately saves you money, as you need to replace fewer items.
- The huge variety of gravel and stone available means you have many options – from stone dust to large landscaping rocks – in an assortment of colors to create and enhance your landscaping design.
Gravel is ECONOMICAL:
- Surface materials like concrete and asphalt require expert installation so labor costs can add up.
- Gravel and landscape rock are the ideal materials for D-I-Y enthusiasts and gardeners.
- Stone and gravel can also help reduce the amount of water needed in your garden without sacrificing exciting landscape design. In other words, good for your wallet as well as being good for the planet.
Gravel is VERSATILE:
A gravel patio is a great way to turn a muddy back yard into a stylish, livable oasis. Adding a fire pit or grill area can make it an exciting feature – perfect for gathering family and friends.
Driveways and Parking Lots
Compared with asphalt and concrete, gravel is extremely economical. Gravel can accommodate heavy traffic without sinking or cracking. It also allows water to pass through without problems.
Gravel pathways control mud by improving drainage. They are low maintenance and easy to install. They can make stunning walkways when edged with river rock. Gravel is also an excellent filler between larger stepping stones and offers a great opportunity to be creative.
Bedding During Construction
Gravel is ideal as bedding for your concrete slab or drainage pipes, fill for swimming pool construction, or flooring for outdoor spaces.
Flowers look great against the neutral backdrop of gravel. Gravel holds heat well, giving soil warmth that nurtures your plants. Gravel doesn’t require as much maintenance as mulch and you won’t have to worry about erosion like you would with topsoil.
Drains and Erosion Control
Gravel and stone provide the perfect landscaping material to solve drainage issues. French drains and dry creek beds are a stylish way to disguise runoff trenches. A layer of gravel on a steep grade will strengthen the soil, hold it in place and slow down runoff. Other stone erosion control measures include bulkheads and stone walls which are not only practical but look great too.
No matter what you plan to use the gravel for … we can help. Bulk products are available loose or in a Supersack (industrial-strength bags that provide a convenient way to transport bulk products without any mess or vehicle cleanup). We deliver 6 days a week. Please call for a quote.
Our knowledgeable staff look forward to working with you.